Song: Here Comes The Sun
Artist: The Beatles
I probably heard this song first when I was very young, but it wasn't until I was an adult that it really meant so much to me. That time in my life was a big transition and had been really difficult to get through. But this song overflows with optimism and positive energy. That's why I still love it- no matter what's going on with me when I listen to it, it always brings me up.
Musically speaking- the guitar part is beautiful, the melody soothing, and I'm always a sucker for well placed hand clapping.
And you'll notice I chose the version from the 2006 release "Love". I personally feel that it accentuates the mood and message of the song with the few changes George Martin made.
It's a gorgeous piece of music that I feel anyone can love.

this became my favorite song during my freshman year of college when i was homesick (and freezing) in cedar city, where the sun hides for about 9 months of narnia-esque winter....my dad mailed me a CD (he'd just discovered how to download music) that included 8 different versions of Here Comes the Sun. then it was officially my favorite. cover artists included coldplay, jewel, some reggae guy, etc....but you know the original will always be best.
ReplyDelete